Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Never-the-lessons :)


Blogging has turned out to be more fun than I actually thought it would be.. While some of my friends tell me.. my posts are getting a little towards being negative I would agree. I do get more influenced by negativity. There’s something about it.. it has the power to stay in your mind forever..
Anyway, this post is not going to be about negativity at all.. on the contrary its about a few very strong positive influences that make me what I am today.. and I believe can also effect others in some way..

Not embarrassed to confess that I am the dad’s girl.. If I was told to name one person who sums up what I am, it would be my father. The man inspite of having a busy work schedule, not being able to spend a lot of time with me while growing up.. never failed to teach me the most important lessons of life.. Occasionally, I would see him react to situations where women are disrespected.. Unknowingly, somehow he has taught me to respect myself for being a woman and never give up my wants and wishes for anyone, however tough situations mite get. The courage, perseverance and ofcors patience to achieve. Sometimes too critical he has also assured that it okay to fail and it can be easily overcome.. And being humble doesn’t hurt.. I haven’t achieved anything to say that as yet though.. but if I am even half the balanced person my friends say I am.. I owe it all to him..

Strength is important.. Ofcors I am talking of mental strength here! Some of my friends (mostly women) have constantly made me feel that strength is one of the key to happiness.. Life will toss you down all the time and that’s what you need to get out and get going again.. Just to let all of them know through this post.. I am proud of you guys :)

“Its upto you what u learn from life..” Never thought a simple lesson in school can shape my personality so much.. In one of our sociology classes we were told a story. A lot of my friends might have heard about this from me before but for all who do not know it as yet.. A man has 2 sons. The elder son is a drunkard, has no job and comes home to beat up his wife everyday while the younger son is a gentleman. He works hard to make his family happy. When questioned about how the 2 brothers are so drastically different from each other, both of them revealed that their father used to be a drunkard himself exactly similar to his elder son.. and hence each of them have taken their own lesson from the past. So, go ahead and learn from the past and don’t blame anyone else for the lesson. It’s a choice u have control over and nothing can force u to compromise on what you want.

There’s no sure explanation.. Have you heard of an incident where narrating a bad dream to someone has helped completely vanish all your nightmares? Well this is something I have experienced.. I guess its just out of a sense of security that u feel once you know you are not alone.. There’s no sure explanation to why I keep getting back to that person even after the moment next to hating him.. Someone with whom I’m not afraid to share the highs and lows of my emotional self.. without the fear of being judged. This is an influence too strong to have forced me to think positive about life. Love you :) 

And finally.. some crazy bunch of friends (mostly men) who wouldn’t mind being the dog they are.. yet have the honestly and guts to come and own up their faults to people they are close to.. makes me feel better and regain faith in ..well humanity?

Okay.. I am really running out of patience.. its too big a post I’ve written today.. guess I should stop now.. well the positive infuences are over anyways.. will get back if I remember anything else :) Ciao

5 comments:

Prantik Bhattacharyya said...

short n simple sentences, no flowery words yet a warmth that spreads onto the reader and touches the heart.

Unknown said...

great post joyee!

Srirupa said...

i cudnt agree more

suparna said...

I have always secretly been scared of being alone, probably the “scare” had lead to shaping my personality in a way I am..loud, moody,eratic & unpredictable. May be it’s a defense system that works. Not to make me popular but to conceal the fact that I am scared to be alone…

Ok, so why am I talking bout this, because in spite of however annoying I am, there are few very precious people who have shown tremendous gut & emotional stability to be with me and had almost taken a vow not to leave me alone…

Joyee has been one of them, and its amazing to know that I have inspired her in some way (I wouldn’t mention which part...he he).

Well I am not going to start a series of mutual admiration, but would just like to add that the connection is at a psychic level and so uncanny that at times it’s startling. Its weird but true that two people can think about something totally bizarre at the same time…and its us..

Thank God I have you Joyee…its great to belong to someone, and for one thing I am sure about, we belong to each other..:

Unknown said...

:)

Post a Comment